Cytiva Sera-Xtracta Cell-Free DNA Kit
Sera-Xtracta Cell-Free DNA Kit for the efficient extraction and purification of cell-free DNA (cfDNA) from plasma.
Brand: Cytiva 29437807
424.00 EUR valid until 2021-12-31
Use promo code "15763" to get your promotional price.
Additional Details : Weight : 0.75000kg
Designed to select for small-fragment cfDNA while minimizing genomic DNA contamination, Sera-Xtracta Cell-Free DNA Kit offers efficient extraction and purification of cfDNA from plasma. High yield and sensitivity make the kit well-suited for applications such as cancer diagnosis and monitoring where sample is precious.
- Efficient recovery of small-fragment cfDNA in the size range 50-300 bp: capture more cfDNA to increase sensitivity levels.
- Minimal co-purification of higher molecular weight genomic DNA due to active selection of smaller fragments which improves sensitivity in downstream applications.
- Scalability: one kit to cover 0.5 mL to 4 mL input of plasma.
- Efficient extraction: procedure can be completed in less than 120 minutes.
- Ease of use: compatible with molecular biology techniques, including next-generation sequencing (NGS), qPCR, ddPCR, BEAMing and other amplification and genotyping applications.
The method uses chaotropic agents and detergents to disrupt protein components to which the cfDNA may initially bind and to promote the selective binding of this cfDNA to the silica magnetic beads.
Proteinase K is used to digest protein from samples; denatured contaminants are easily removed by subsequent washing of the silica beads with specially formulated wash buffers. Proteinase K treatment is also required to release the cfDNA from plasma derived from blood collected in tubes with cfDNA stabilization, such as Cell Free DNA BCT™ (Streck™) for reversal of the stabilization/release of cfDNA.
The purified cfDNA is eluted in a low ionic strength buffer, at a concentration suitable for most downstream molecular biology applications, such as next-generation sequencing (NGS).
|Minimal higher molecular weight genomic DNA contamination due to active selection of smaller fragments|
|All kit components should be stored at room temperature (15 to 30°C). For Proteinase K, once reconstituted, store at 2 to 8°C|
Safety and Handling
- part of Sera-Xtracta Cell-Free DNA kit
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Respiratory sensitiser Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H302-Harmful if swallowed.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H334-May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
- H335-May cause respiratory irritation.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P405-Store locked up.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : proteases, sodium dodecyl sulphate, salts of thiocyanic acid
- UNKNOWN ACUTE-22.5 per cent of the mixture consists of component(s) of unknown acute toxicity.
Life Science products Cytiva
Sera-Mag range of products designed for rapid nucleic acid purification and amplification of DNA and RNA. From spin columns to amplification kits, including new SeraXtracta Viral Pathogen Kit supporting COVID-19 applications.: 15763