Thermo Scientific™ beta-Galactosidase Assay Reagent
Lyse cultured mammalian cells and measure beta-galactosidase activity using compatible M-PER Cell Lysis Reagent and colorimetric b-Gal Assay Reagent.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 75710
Additional Details : Weight : 0.80000kg
DescriptionThe Assay Reagent and Kit comprise a simple and versatile assay system for measuring β-galactosidase activity. Mammalian cells grown on a plate may be lysed and tested for β-galactosidase activity by adding a single, all-in-one lysis-and-assay solution. Alternatively, the included Thermo Scientific M-PER™ Mammalian Protein Extraction Reagent may be used to prepare lysate from washed adherent or pelleted cells, and then a portion of the lysate used to quantitate the β-Gal activity. With M-PER Reagent, there is no need to scrape cells or to perform freeze-thaw cycles. The remaining lysates prepared with M-PER Reagent may be used for applications such as reporter assays (luciferase, β-galactosidase and chloramphenical acetyltransferase), protein kinase assays (PKA, PKC, and Tyrosine Kinase), immunoassays (Western blot, ELISA, RIA) and protein purification.
- Choose stand-alone assay reagent or complete kit for cell lysis and detection
- Colorimetric assay easily measured in a plate reader or spectrophotometer (405nm)
- Adaptable to 96-well microplates or tube assay formats
- Perform homogeneous screening assays or measure activity secondarily after cell lysis
- Also compatiible with prepared lysates from other species such as bacteria
Stand-alone Thermo Scientific Pierce™ β-Galactosidase Assay Reagent, Thermo Scientific M-PER Mammalian Protein Extraction Reagent (Part No. 78503), and ready-to-use Stop Solution
|Pierce beta-Galactosidase Assay Reagent|
|3 x 25 mL|
|Store at -20°C.|