Honeywell Fluka™ HYDRANAL™-Solvent E, Honeywell Fluka™
Medium for volumetric two-component Karl Fischer titration (ethanol-based)
Brand: Honeywell Fluka™ 34730-500ML
Additional Details : Weight : 0.44750kg Transport : UN number : 1170 Chem class : 3 Pack group : II
Advantages of Hydranal two-component reagents:
- High titration speed
- Ideal accuracy for small amounts of water
- High buffer capacity
- Exact and stable titer
- E-type reagents: reduced toxicity compared to methanol
- Long shelf life (three years for titrants, five years for solvents)
In two-component reagents the Karl Fisher reactants are separated into two solutions: the titrant and the solvent. Hydranal-Titrant contains iodine dissolved in an alcohol with a precisely defined concentration. Hydranal-Solvent is an alcoholic solution of sulfur dioxide and imidazole. The alcohol is either methanol for standard reagents or ethanol for E-type reagents.
Safety and Handling
- HYDRANAL Solvent E
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Reproductive toxicity Category 1B
- Specific target organ toxicity after repeated exposure Category 2
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H360D-May damage the unborn child.
- H373-May cause damage to organs.
- P260-Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P284-[In case of inadequate ventilation] wear respiratory protection.
- P301+P330+P331-IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/soap.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P308+P313-IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : ethanol; ethyl alcohol, 2,2'-iminodiethanol; diethanolamine,imidazole, sulphurdioxide