Thermo Scientific™ DRAQ5™ Fluorescent Probe Solution (5 mM)
Stain live or fixed cells with this far-red DNA stain.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 62252
Additional Details : CAS : 9048-46-8 Weight : 0.01000kg Transport : UN number : 2810 Chem class : 6.1 Pack group : III
Stain live or fixed cells with Thermo Scientific™ DRAQ5 Fluorescent Probe, a far-red DNA stain.Fluorescence cell-based assays, such as flow cytometry, in-cell ELISA, fluorescence microscopy and high-content imaging require a fluorescent label to identify individual cells. When using multiple fluorescent probes to detect different cellular targets or activities, each probe must have a fluorescent spectrum different than the other probes. The blue-fluorescent DNA-binding probes, Hoechst and DAPI are frequently used; however, these probes cannot be used when UV illumination is unavailable or other blue-emitting fluorescent probes are used. Therefore, nuclear probes that emit in a color other than blue is useful for cell identification and counting, and for determining nuclear morphology and DNA content.
- Due to its far-red excitation and emission, the DRAQ5 Fluorescent Probe can be multiplexed with many other fluorophores and is ideal for cells expressing green fluorescent protein (GFP) fusion proteins
- Compatible with many existing protocols across a wide range of instrumentation platforms
- Emits in the far-red region, is lipophilic and crosses cell and nuclear membranes in live and fixed cells and tissues for rapid DNA staining
- Stain is water-soluble, supplied ready-to-use and does not require RNase, cell lysis, or a washing step, making it compatible with automation
- Because DNA staining is stoichiometric, the DRAQ5 Fluorescent Probe can be used for DNA content analysis in cell proliferation studies
|Store at 4°C.|
|Nucleus, Cytosol, Cytoplasm|
|Fluorescence Microscope, High Content Instrument|
|DRAQ5 Fluorescent Probe|